Thursday 22 November 2012

Things from the internet

Love this super duper biscuit bag from Caitlin Shearer

 
 I was a guide all the way from Rainbows at age 5 through Brownies, Guides and helping at Rainbows until I left home to go to Uni at 19. I did all sorts of fun things like camping and canoeing , putting on shows, hosting international guests, planning our own weekend away and lots and lots of singing. This article questions whether its a feminist organisation. (I think so)

 Sometimes you need a calming manatee.


 In case you've ever wondered, yes there have been Siamese Siamese cats.
 

I'm pretty much in love with this rainbow crocheted blanket. I'm wondering if I can do something a bit similar with some left over yarns?


This is epic! Epic Neil!






6 comments:

  1. Gasp - that blanket is gooooorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking the bag and good luck with your blanket making. I never went further than the Brownies, they used to make us go to Brown Owl's house and clean, hoover and iron in order to get the housekeeping badge (it was the early 80s just to be clear!) but I've come to the conclusion that this was just slave labour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think one of the problems with guides and brownies can be how much is up to the individual leaders and that they might just love doing one type of thing, hopefully these days it would not be tidying their own house though!

      Delete
  3. The blanket is fantastic. It would be the perfect way to use up some of your yarn stash for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to start something similar after all my Christmas making! I have plenty of stash to use up

      Delete