Monday 18 February 2013

Sheepish heart yarnbombing

Yesterday I joined in with Meredith's sheepish yarn bombing.
I crocheted three hearts from some orange acrylic yarn that I'd had hanging about, left over from a previous project. I used two patterns one was Attic24's teeny tiny hearts and the other Cherry heart's small heart pattern. I was a bit vague with them both though so some of the hearts are a little wonky.



 I put one of the hearts on some park railings near a school. I hope this one stays for a while and is seen by all the children going in to school. I tried to be a bit surreptitious putting these up and then photographing them but people kept on walking past while I had my big camera out.



 I put this heart, the biggest one on the gate to a local doctors. What better place for people to see a little love than when they're not feeling their best and on the way to the doctors. I was a little nervous about this as it's on private property and the others are both on publicly owned parks. I'll see how long it lasts there!


 This last little heart was placed on railings of a bridge going over a footpath in another park. I'm not sure how easily this one will be seen, it's pretty little and quite low down.
I'm quite excited to go back and check on them in a few weeks time. I'd also like to make some more hearts and keep putting them up. I think it'd be nice to leave a trail of crocheted hearts behind me.


16 comments:

  1. So brave hanging these! They're really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I hope these start popping up everywhere :D
    What a fun way to make people smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope that people see these out and about and smile

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea! It'll be interesting to see how long they stay up for. Hopefully they'll all make at least one person smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the one on the doctor's is definitely still there!

      Delete
  4. this is pretty awesome! if i saw one of those it would totally brighten up my day! i hope they stay around for a long time & i hope you share with us if you put up more!

    -s.

    serioussarahblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're so fun to make, I hope people see them and like them

      Delete
  5. Oh, your yarn bombs are AWESOME! I especially love the last pic with the heart in the background. I think the ones you left in front of the doctors' offices are especially sweet. What a way to make someone feel a bit better when they aren't well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! the one in front of the doctors is still there! I hope that the staff have seen them and like them!

      Delete
  6. Love this little acts than create a more beutiful world!!

    //Airin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am trying to encourage love around the world!

      Delete
  7. This is such a cute idea! I work at an assisted living facility and one of the little old ladies gave me two little crocheted hearts like this and told me to wear them on valentine's day. So sweet!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      how sweet, I hope you wore them with pride!

      Delete
  8. What I great idea, I love this so much, crochet making the world a happier place.

    Clare

    http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, people have been doing this all over the place

      Delete