Wednesday 31 October 2012

Things from the internet

Firstly a picture of duck billed platypuses(platypi?) wearing tiny little hats.

I thought platypuses were about the size of seals until I was recounting a dream to a friend about them swimming through a stream in our town and she said that they're only about as big as squirrels, this was somehow hugely disappointing, for all I know these hat wearing ones here could be fully grown.



I made this Martha Stewart recipe for cabbage for tea tonight; yum! so much nicer than any cabbage I've had before (might be due to the amount of olive oil I included!)



Love Katie and Reuben's blog, they're very honest about the life they're trying to lead and difficulties and other people's opinions about that. Also they have cute pets and lovely crocheted and knitted stuff.

 http://www.houseofhumble.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/House-of-Humble-1200x250.jpg

Here's a great video if you're going out tonight and haven't decided what to wear yet, I love Mollie and Shameeka's song and I love a little creativity for costumes; I once was Noah's ark for a fancy dress party with a huge brown dress and tiny animals pined to me, I drew Noah on my face and had a rainbow headband and blue tights and shoes for the sea.


6 comments:

  1. Those platypuses are so cute! I had a platypus print that said platypi and was corrected at the market by a marine biologist - it is platypuses! Platypi sounds so cute though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I like having it verified by someone in the know! I think octopuses sounds fun as octopi too

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing that recipe link! it's something new, so i'll definitely give it a try. i love cabbage! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, I wouldn't have thought about doing them that way but they were really tasty

      Delete
  3. the cabbage looks yummy!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete