Wednesday 17 October 2012

Painting a tea set


 My friend Hannah is pretty crafty (in a creative not sly sense). For her hen party I wanted to get something that we could all do together that would be a useful and lovely thing that she could keep. Hannah lives several hours away from me and there is not anywhere we could all go and do painting near her, there is a lovely pottery café near to me but her hen party wouldn't be here.
Last week I popped into the café to see if I could possibly take some things away to paint and bring back to be fired, they'd never done it before but were very accommodating and lent us all the paints and paintbrushes to use.


Between us we painted a teapot, two mugs and two small plates. The colours look a little bit pastely but apparently they'll look darker after being glazed and fired. It was a pretty nice thing for us all to do together
I'm excited to see how they turn out.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Adorable.


    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a really lovely thing to be able to do together

      Delete