Monday 20 January 2014

Buxton Pavilion Gardens

On Saturday I felt the need to get out of town, to see new things and explore new places, with my friend Kathleen I took the train to the spa town of Buxton. We hadn't gone to do anything special and spent the afternoon simply wandering around, popping into shops, playing in the park and eating in cafés.
Buxton has the most beautiful Pavilion Gardens which are free and contain a fantastic conservatory full of lush greens and bright flowers. When you walk into the conservatory, you're met with the warmth and smell of a more tropical climate, perfect for chilly, damp, grey days like we've been having recently.




The Pavilion would also be a great place to visit if it's raining or if you have mobility problems as there is quite a long way to walk inside with no steps. There are cafés and shops and art galleries as well as all the flowers to admire.
We weren't incredibly adventurous but it was a lovely, refreshing day trip

2 comments:

  1. How very lucky you are to have Buxton just a day trip train journey away. I absolutely adore Buxton pavilion and gardens. I even stayed in one of the hotels on my birthday a few years ago and never miss a visit anytime I am in the Peak. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...

    Country Girl's Daybook, recently posted: #whywemarch http://bit.ly/1aEsJk2

    ReplyDelete