Sunday 7 October 2012

WIP Neat Ripple Blanket

 
I've been getting on with my crochet ripple blanket recently . I'm using Lucy's neat ripple pattern and its so easy once you get started, quite happy to be rippling away without really having to think about it.
The yarn is Sirdar snuggly which is 80% bamboo and 20% wool, it is great to work with, having just the right drape and weight and is not itchy or squeaky. I'm on the second cerise on this list.



 

 
These are the balls that I have yet to use, I've not included any green so far. I'm about a quarter of the way through my stash and I'm slightly worried that it's not going to be as long as I want it. I had hoped for a good single bed sized blanket, I think it'll be shorter though, maybe I'll have to buy more yarn!
 
 I keep the blanket and the next couple of colours I'm working on in this recycled carton bag, it's really handy to be able to keep these together and not have to bring all the other yarn too.
Finally, here's a bonus picture of my cat Peel in the sunshine this afternoon :)

18 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really cool, I've always been prettyyy poor at knitting. This is going to be awesome once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is crochet, I've learnt almost entirely by following the pattern I linked to

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to make a blanket just like this. I love how much fun you can have with the colors. It is so bright and cheery.

    Thanks for the link to the pattern/tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love playing with colours!

      Delete
  3. That looks so fantastic! I love the colours. I definitely need to learn to crochet!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I've found it pretty easy once I got going, Attic24's decorations are amazing

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful perfect for keeping cosy now it'g getting chilly. Need one in my life! A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm hoping to get it finished before it gets really cold, its pretty cosy already while I'm working on it

      Delete
  5. this is such a cool blanket! <3

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I wish I could knit!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is crochet. If you want to learn I followed attic24's instructions

      Delete
  7. Thta looks brilliant! Crochet is yet another skill I promised myself I would learn and never did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you have a little time to practise I think that crochet is easier than knitting, attic24's instructions are really easy to follow

      Delete
  8. Looks like it is getting an awesome blanket! Very nice pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that is really amazing looking! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm having lots of fun picking out the colours

      Delete
  10. That is beautiful!! And how great that you're using bamboo. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like using bamboo, its as strong as using polyester but doesn't come from using up oil resources

      Delete