Wednesday 8 May 2013

Wednesday Remembering

 This is a regular post featuring an old picture of mine, usually from former travels, with a short description of the story behind the photo.

I've written before about Burkina Faso and returning there last summer after having been away for 8 years.
This picture is of the birthday cake that was bought for myself and two other girls that I went to Burkina Faso, who also had birthdays over the same weekend with by local friends. I am 'Helene'. That birthday, my 19th was the first I'd spent away from my family. We went swimming and had fun. One evening we went out to celebrate all our birthdays,we ate pizza and chips and cake and felt full and happy.
Burkina Faso holds so many memories, so many first time away from my family times.
I particularly chose this picture as last Friday was my birthday. This cake, with my French spelt name and new friends away from the UK represented quite a lot about who I was becoming and who I want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment