Sunday 26 January 2014

Noro, the world of nature

 

I've always admired noro yarns when I've seen them in shops, the natural fibres and gentle transition of colours are really beautiful. I have a fairly large yarn stash however and noro tends to be pretty expensive, so until now I've always resisted. Last weekend in Buxton we wandered into a yarn shop and they had a special offer on all noro yarns and I finally gave in and bought myself a couple of balls.
It really is beautiful, I've gone with Aya which is a cotton, silk and wool blend, this colourway is really lovely with blue, silver, purple, brown and green together.
I've started making a neck warmer using a starburst stitch pattern from Crochet Workshop by Erika Knight, I'm enjoying crocheting it but I'm also wondering about ripping it and making wrist warmers instead. What do you think?





3 comments:

  1. oooh that's lovely :) I think the yarn and pattern are working well together. Black Sheep Wools can be good for bargain Noro and sometimes have extra discounts, their craft barn is apparently worth visiting too http://www.blacksheepwools.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    This is gorgeous...what number noro is this....��

    ReplyDelete