Monday 17 June 2013

Finished! Grey, TOAST inspired blanket

Yay! I finally finished this big, grey blanket that I started last November. The blanket was a Christmas present for some friends who'd got married last year. I went down to see them a couple of weeks ago and was able to spread it out in their huge kitchen.
The blanket is probably the size of a double bed with no overhang. I gave an update in April when I'd run out of the yarn I was using, I'm slightly annoyed at having to have used different yarns for my final square, but Hannah, the friend it was a present for said she liked the unexpectedness of one striped square.




I'm really rather pleased with it now it's finished and delivered.

4 comments:

  1. oh I love it! its so satisfying to finish a project ... I have some on the go that I can't wait to finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That must have been SO much work. Congrats on finishing!

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so lovely. I like the unexpected striped square too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous and I love the shade of grey. It doesn't matter that the last square is different, it looks like it was designed that way! Handmade gifts are always greeted with such pleasure and gratitude because your friends will love how much time and effort you've put into it. x

    ReplyDelete