Tuesday 15 April 2014

Brighton with Pinterest UK and Lomography

I've had such a lovely weekend away. On Friday my brother and I made our way down south to Brighton. Daniel had never been before and I'd only been once last year the day after Worthing Birdman so I hadn't really been fit for much exploring. We were pleasantly surprised that it only took around three and a half hours to get form Stockport to the south coast by train, makes the country seem much smaller.

We were staying at the Holiday Inn right on the seafront so after checking in and leaving our bags we were off for a wander around Brighton.

We met with people from Pinterest on Saturday morning at The Marwood, a rather nice cafe that served fantastic cakes. Two women, Ferren and Rose from Lomography gave a short talk about the history of the cameras and then passed these La Sardinas around. (I'd got in my head they were called Sardinia like the country but it's Sardina like a tine of sardines)
I got this cute "Virginia is for lovers" camera. After loading our film and being talked through how to use the cameras we all headed for the seafront and were let loose snapping pictures. 
I haven't really used a film camera for a couple of years so I'm really excited to see how they turn out. 
These are some of the pictures I took with my DSLR, it was such a lovely bright morning. I really liked seeing people enjoying the sea in so many ways





 

 After all the snapping we went to the Palm Court on the pier for fish and chips so it was pretty much a perfect morning adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment